Monday, September 12, 2011

Tinctory


{source}

What is it?  A feather?  A leaf?  Carved stone?  Craved wood?  Neither of those.  It’s hand dyed silk that has been manipulated into this beautiful feather shape.  Eva, that crafty lady behind Tinctory, makes these beautiful works of art and sells them in her Big Cartel shop by the same name, Tinctory.

So what exactly is a Tinctory?  Well Eva assumes that it would mean a place where things are dyed since Tinctor is Latin for the word dyer.  Makes sense.  Smile

I found Tinctory through a crafty newsletter I get in my email.  Looking through several of the links I found my way to her blog and was just in awe of her work.  Little delicate pieces of art that she is fully hands on with.  The piece above almost looks like flesh or flower petals, it’s just amazing.  The color is so vivid and it just looks so delicate.  I am truly in awe.

Eva’s work is made up of different shapes, colors, and embellishments.  She’s been known to make little sack charms, sew beads onto her work, and dye her work varied colors of the rainbow.  I’d love to own a piece of her work and maybe one day I will.  Until then I will settle for admiring and enjoying the pictures she shares on her blog, shop, and Flickr account that is, you guessed it, by the same name, Tinctory.  Be sure to check out all the links for some pretty impressive eye candy.  And if you are on Pinterest, you can search Tinctory on there and come up with more of her work that can’t be seen in her shop any more, because they were already purchased, can’t complain about that, I’ll all for her making money and sharing her gift with the world.  Smile

And that’s about it for this post. I just wanted to share the world of Tinctory with you all.  I just knew when I learned about Eva and her wares I had to share them with you.  Smile  And so I am off.  I will talk to you all again soon.  Be good until then.  Bye for now.

Dreaming of delicate pleats of silk,
Michelle

0 comments:

Post a Comment