Saturday, August 28, 2010

Update on the upset.

So, I wanted to update on the cut book cover.  Amazon and I believe the dealer both emailed me back about wanting to give a partial refund.  Amazon offered me 2 dollars back which would be 20% off the original price.  I decided to accept that since the seller didn’t really offer a price and they wanted me to contact them about it.  I decided to just go with Amazon since they had offered a price.  The seller may have offered more or less off, but this wasn’t about money or greed, it was always about peace of mind.  I just felt that was being a little to careless and it did seriously disappointment.  I’m looking at the book sitting a bit away from me and haven’t opened it since I saw the cut.  It did just really put a damper on the whole experience.  Let me explain a little more about what I mean.

When I shop for things I always have to go by what kind of money of I have, as most of us do.  Well when my dad offered me a mini shopping spree one day it literally took me hours to come up with the items I wanted.  But of course there were others I wanted but needed to wait on until I got more money.  Well I saved those links until I had the money and was so happy I could buy these items.  The book that was cut was one of them.  This book I wasn’t sure about in the first place.  But I researched it, which is why the shopping took hours, I researched all the books to make sure it was what I wanted.  This book in question got a lot of negative reviews but when I want on Ravelry, I saw a lot of projects made from the book and decided that I wanted to give it a chance.  Sometimes the “underdogs” are the best.  So this book was one of the ones I really looked forward to getting.  So when I saw the cut it just really put me off it.  I kind of felt my experienced had be dampened or spit on.  Does that make sense to anyone?  I sure hope it does and not that I’m sounding like a nutcase.  I guess I was just expecting a close to perfect experience.  Yeah I was expecting bent corners or maybe even some dirt on pages from shelf wear, but not the cut.  But the offer of a partial refund makes it a little better to have been heard and to be apologized to for having the “perfect” moment ruined.  Gosh I hope this is making sense.

Well the refund should be given by the end of next week.  I’ll update you on how that goes.  If all goes well I will be a happy camper.  I’ve also decided to give a neutral or a 4 rating to the seller instead of a negative one.  I’m glad I waited on giving feedback so I could cool down some.  Accidents happen.  I don’t know if I would deal with them again still, but I won’t ruin their ratings over an accident and they did offer to try to fix things so that helps some too.  I’ll hold off until I get the refund though before giving the feedback.  Just so I can feel that I got full closure on the deal first.

Well that’s about it for today.  I had a rather bad start to my day and I want to just relax and finish a knitting project I am working on.  I’m also in the process of rearranging some stuff so I can get my craft corner back.  I thought I liked how things were but I hated it.  Now I am working on returning things back to the way they were and I am liking it but it’s taking some time.  I had hoped to have it done by today, but things didn’t work out that way.  So hopefully by next Saturday I will.  Ok, I’m off now.  Hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend.  Bye for now.

Loves ya,
Mouse

0 comments:

Post a Comment