Sunday, April 25, 2010

Complete and utter disarray!

That's what I want to scream when I look at things in my life. I don't remember where I heard that saying, but I seem to remember it being said by an older white female who had a southern accent and was just appalled by the situation. I picture myself being her...frilly little dress with petticoat included, fanning myself as I look at the state of my craft supplies, my room, my email, my links, heck even my hair could use a little tlc instead of just being pulled back into a bun every day. Ugh!

I think I have become overwhelmed over all the things I need to do and I honestly don't know where to start to clear things up. That's why I don't move forward with things like my Etsy shop because I honestly don't know where a lot of my stuff is or I know where it is but it's underneath a stack of something I have no idea where to move. So this week I plan to get some array to my life and get things back on track. *triumphant nod*

Now, first thing's first...I'm gonna need a list. Ok, who's as excited as I am now? Anybody? What? I love to do lists. They just seem to help me so much and when I am done with the activity I love marking it off the list. There is just something about a list with slashes through most of the items on it that make me giddy. :-) So, my list shall go as follows.

Monday -
Clear up and out all email accounts. (Now I know this may seem like an hour or so job, but for those of you who don't check email or hoard emails for later, you'll know what I mean.)

Exercise. (At least 10 miles on the exercise bike. Trying to lose weight. A lot of weight. I have a goal in mind of 40 pounds in 3 months. I started on April 13th and so far...not so good. Ugh!)

Read. (I need to do more of this.)

Write/Revise story. (I need to do more of this.)

Work on stack of magazines, and try to finish the pile. (I have this stack of magazines that I have had for years. Mostly it's "Fitness" magazine. I love that magazine, but I believe around the time my dad got sick with cancer I stopped reading them but still bought them. Finally I just stopped buying them because I wasn't reading them, but I still wanted to read them to see if there is any interesting info in there. Well of course there is, so I am going through them to just skim them and while the pile is down significantly, there is still a good pile left to go. I want to have it done by Thursday night so it can be out for recycling on Friday morning.)

Tuesday-
Work on bookmarks. (I have tons, literally tons, of bookmarks. The internet is just so full of amazing websites and how-tos and blogs and etc. I know logically I can't read or look at them all so I need to cut back to center more around my hobbies and even then only the sites I really like. That's going to be hard but I must cut back if I ever plan on becoming more involved in communities online. So yes, this will be a full day thing I know for sure.)

Exercise. (At least 10 miles.)

Read. (I need to do more of this.)

Write/Revise story. (I need to do more of this.)

Work on magazines. (I can at least fit in one to two magazines today.)

Wednesday-
Reformat old computer. (I have been meaning to do this for several reasons. First, the casing of my laptop broke a while back and though it still works, the darned thing is being held together with Express Mail tape...I got it for free years ago and never used it. The second reason is that I messed up Windows and it won't log in, so I need to get my files off the computer through another operating system and then put that operating system on my computer for now to see how I like it. I also need to get a new plug for my laptop since mine has a broken wire inside it somewhere.)

Exercise. (At least 10 miles.)

Read. (I need to do more of this.)

Write/Revise story. (I need to do more of this.)

Work on magazines. (If there are any left to look through.)

Thursday-
Work on website and blogs. (I want to get them layout a certain way so I will take today to do that.)

Exercise. (At least 10 miles.)

Read. (I need to do more of this.)

Write/Revise story. (I need to do more of this.)

Work on magazines. (If there are any left to look through.)

Friday-
Work on spare room. (This room I have dreaded for about a month now since we took down the table in there. So now I need to hit it so I can start crafting again.)

Put my magazines out for pick-up. (May they be turned into paper or a recycled some or another and live to tell another tale.)

Exercise. (At least 10 miles.)

Read. (I need to do more of this.)

Write/Revise story. (I need to do more of this.)

Saturday-
Create! Create! Create! (It's time to get my creativeness on!!! Finally I will be able to start working on things I have been thinking and dreaming about creating. Woo hoo!!!)

Exercise. (At least 10 miles.)

Read. (I need to do more of this.)

Write/Revise story. (I need to do more of this.)

Sunday-
Rest. (Everyone has got to have a day to putter around and do nothing. This day is mine.) :-D

Read. (I need to do more of this.)

Write/Revise story. (I need to do more of this.)

Exercise. (At least 10 miles.)

So this is my to-do list. Let's see how many slashes I end up with by Sunday. I hope all of them will be slashed out. Here's to hoping. :-D

Loves ya,
Mouse

0 comments:

Post a Comment