Sunday, January 29, 2012

Believe It Or Not, It’s Edible!


{source}

Look at this super cute cupcake.  Lolo (Lauren) of “Vegan Yum Yum” fame created some cute knit related cupcakes for her friend’s going away party.  How did she create such cute and detailed cupcake toppers?  With marzipan!  I have never worked, nor do I think have tasted marzipan, but I think it’s amazing how it can be formed into such detailed shapes.  And when I say detailed, I mean it.  Look at this next picture.


{source}

Look at this detail!  She made a sweater, two finished scarves with tassels, balls of yarn, a knitted work in progress, and my favorite, a frogged piece of work.  So freaking cute!!!  So I bet you are curious on how to make these cuties.  Never fear.  Lolo was on Martha Stewart and taught Martha and the audience how she makes her little treasures.  Have a look.

Can you believe how simple that is?!?  And how the makes it look like knitting, it was a facepalm moment for me.  Genius.  It’s just amazing how crafty people are and what they come up with.  I just had to share this little find with you all.  I know it’s a bit dated, but it’s new to me and I’m sure some of you are looking at it with fresh eyes too.

And that will be all for this post.  Trying to tidy up my computer so hopefully I won’t lose too many files when they take it apart.  *sigh*  I hope to be back posting soon.  Especially since OWOA is coming up soon.  So excited.  Smile  Ok talk to you guys soon.  Be good until then.  Bye for now.

Ready to warm up now,
Michelle

0 comments:

Post a Comment